Bautista Agut Claims First 500-Level Trophy
Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships
Singles - Final
 R. Bautista Agut (ESP) d  L. Pouille (FRA) 63 64
- Roberto Bautista Agut captures his eighth ATP World Tour title and his first 500-level triumph.
- The Spaniard becomes the first player outside the Top 10 in the ATP Rankings to triumph in Dubai since Fabrice Santoro in 2002.
- Lucas Pouille, who falls short in his third final of the season (1-2), is projected to climb to a career-best No. 12 in the ATP Rankings on Monday.
- Jean-Julien Rojer and Horia Tecau retain their title, becoming the first pair in the event's history (since 1993) to do so.
- The 2015 Nitto ATP Finals champions now hold 17 tour-level titles as a pair. Rojer owns 26 individually, and Tecau has 34.
WHAT THE PLAYERS SAID
“I played very good, very aggressively. I didn't give him all the court, all the control of the game. I played very good tennis tonight.”
“That means a lot, to win this trophy… I think the past winners [in Dubai] are the best tennis players in the era. That makes me so happy.”
“I think he played some great tennis tonight. Even if I think I had some opportunities, especially in the second set where I got the break, 3-1 up, I couldn't conserve it.”